Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Joys of Free

After three years of waiting, my hydrangea has finally bloomed! Currently I have over seven blooms. Not surprisingly with my acidic soil, my blooms are a stunning deep blue.

I got my hydrangea for free in a plant swap at the East Side Community Garden. This picture features several plants, the hydragea, daylilies, daisies, irises(not blooming) and the extremely prolific mystery plant in front of the daylilies, that came from that swap.

Not only do I enjoy free plants, but I have the pleasure of meeting other Olympia gardeners and watching their plants thrive in my garden.

1 comment:

  1. Your mystery plant may be some kind of bell flower in the campanula family. It is most pretty.

    ReplyDelete

My Front Yard Plants

  • Autumn Joy Sedum
  • Azalea
  • Basket of Gold
  • Bearded Iris
  • Black Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia Fulgida)
  • Blueberry
  • Boxwood
  • Bridal Veil Bush
  • Burning Bush
  • Candytuft (Iberis Sempervirens)
  • Carnations
  • Cat Mint
  • Chysanthemum
  • Daffodils
  • Dahlia
  • Daylillies
  • Dogwood Tree (It's still very tiny.)
  • Euonymus
  • Fennel
  • Fuji Apple Tree
  • Garlic
  • Golden Rain Tree
  • Hardy Geranium
  • Heather
  • Hen and Chicks
  • Honeycrisp Apple Tree
  • Huechera
  • Hyacinth
  • Hydrangea
  • Ice Plant
  • Jackmanii Clematis
  • Kinkaku Japanese Tree Peony
  • Kinnikinnick
  • Lady's Mantle
  • Laurel Bush
  • Lavender
  • Lemon Balm
  • Lithodora
  • Love in the Mist
  • Marshmallow
  • Oregano
  • Oregon Stonecrop Sedum
  • Osteospernum
  • Phlox
  • Primrose
  • Purple Sage
  • Rose
  • Rosemary
  • Sedum Cockerellii
  • Sedum Hispanicum
  • Sedum ternatum 'Larinem Park'
  • Shasta Daisy
  • Sorrell
  • Strawberries (Everbearing)
  • Tulips
  • Unknown Plants
  • Vinca
  • Winter Savory
  • Wooly Thyme
  • Yarrow